Bar & Mezcaleria
El Gallo Negro
Everyone in town called him ‘El Gallo Negro.’
Bravest rooster on the block.
His eyes and feathers were black as polished onyx stones.
Fear moved him forward; never looked back.
Walked towards danger with absolute confidence.
Not a wall. Not a cage. Nor the uncertain would stop him.
We Are a bold
in Northern California’s Wine Country.
Bringing you the best selection of mezcal, tequila, wine and beer — from Oaxaca to Sonoma County.
Designed by the meanest baristas, our signature cocktails will refresh your soul’s thirst for pleasurable risks.
Kitchen with authentic Oaxacan dishes is open until the last drop of mezcal is poured through the night.
Chances are, your ventures will start to flow at our psycho-cumbia-rock environment.
Come and take a chance with us.
Frenzy kicks won’t hold you back from trying our finest collection of mezcal from the remote villages of Oaxaca, Mexico. Or the purest spirits from the agave fields in the town of Tequila and its surroundings in Jalisco.
Our curatorship of red and white wines is one of the most select in Wine Country.
Beer from Mexico and the hoppiest brews from Sonoma County are poured daily. All time.
Come out of the shadows. Be bold.
Our drinks selection:
- Taco — Choice of meat served with house salsa, fresh choped cilantro and onion.
- Nachos — House made corn chips with beans, melted jack cheese, freshly made salsa, guacamole and sour cream. Add any meat if preferred.
- Ceviche — Diced fresh fish ‘cooked’ in lime juice, tossed with onions cucumbers and cilantro.
- Guacamole — Made fresh daily, served with housemade corn chips.
- Coctel de Camarón — Shrimp cocktail with cucumber, tomatoes, onions, cilantro and avocado.
- Soup of the Day — Includes housemade corn chips, veggies, avocado, sour cream, grilled chicken and melted jack cheese.
- Super — Choice of meat, beans, rice, cheese, guacamole and sour cream.
- Regular — Beans and rice with your choice of meat.
- Roasted Veggies — Beans, rice, roasted vegetables, guacamole and salsa fresca. Wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
- Chimichanga — Our classic burrito fried to a golden brown. Topped with cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa fresca.
- Surf & Turf — Grilled prawns, steak, chorizo, rice, black beans and sour cream. All wrapped in a tomato tortilla.
- Prawns Picante — Grilled prawns, rice, black beans, sour cream and chipotle sauce. Wrapped in a tomato tortilla.
- Avocado Salad — Grilled chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes, tortilla strips, bell peppers and cilantro-lime vinaigrette.
- Taco Salad — Beans, cheese, salsa fresca, guacamole and sour cream on a bed of spring mix lettuce.
- Fajita Salad — Choice of meat, grilled with onions and bell peppers. Topped with toasted pumpkin seeds, queso fresco, cilantro, salsa mexicana and chipotle vinaigrette.
All served with beans, rice and a choice of corn or flour tortillas
- Mole Oaxaqueño — Our house specialty! Choice of chicken or carnitas smothered with rich mole sauce made from over 20 fresh ingredients. $14
- Chile Verde — Slow cooked diced pork marinated in tomatillos, onions and garlic sauce. $13
- Carnitas — Pork shoulder cooked to perfection with garlic and onions. $13
- Barbacoa — Slow cooked beef with chile guajillo, garlic and onions. $13
- Fajitas — Choice of meat sautéed with onions and peppers. Served on a sizzling platter with sour cream, guacamole. $16. Mixed: $18
- Molcajete — Grilled steak, chicken and giant prawns sautéed with onions. Served with guacamoles, salsa fresca and chipotle sauce. $19
Unexpected circumstances always happen at our venue. But when we plan them way ahead, this is where you will want to take a break from daily madness.